Ancora Services


Auto Insurance 

What is auto insurance?

Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.

Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:

  • Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
  • Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
  • Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.

An auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.

Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.


Why do you need auto insurance?

It's really all about protecting yourself financially.

  • If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
  • If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
  • If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
  • Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage


Questions to ask your agent

Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:

  • How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.) 
  • What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
  • What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
  • What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.) 

Because everyone's needs are not the same, it is best to consult your agent to help assess your needs and find the insurance policy that is right for you.



Flood Insurance

Flood insurance is a policy that can be purchased to protect your home and personal belongings from damage caused by outside rising water.    The policy considers outside rising water to be caused from situations such as overflow of inland or tidal waters, unusual and rapid accumulation of runoff  surface waters from any source, mudflow or anything that inundates two or more acres of normally dry land.

Flood insurance will generally cover up to a maximum:

  • Residential Properties - $250,000 of dwelling coverage and $100,000 contents coverage
  • Commercial Properties - $500,000 of building coverage and $250,000 of contents coverage

Flood Insurance is federally mandated which means the premium for a flood insurance policy is predetermined and should always be the same if accurately underwritten.

It is rated in several different ways.  The main factors are the flood zone and the actual elevation of the home.  Flood zones are identified by FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) as either low, moderate, or high risk areas.  In some cases, you may be in a low risk area and the cost of the flood insurance may be extremely inexpensive.  If you live in a medium to high risk area, you will need an elevation certificate in order to receive an accurately rated policy.  Here in Lee County, if you live in a B, C, or X flood zone, you are not required to carry flood insurance.   If you live in any other flood zone and carry a mortgage on your home, you will be required to carry flood insurance by the mortgagee.

Remember, Florida is an island. We are all subject to a flood in this state.  Often, floods cause severe damage in areas that flood insurance is not required. Please note, your homeowners insurance or commercial business policies do not provide any coverage in the event of a flood.  You have to carry a separate flood policy to be covered.



Condo Insurance

 A condominium association is responsible for carrying insurance that covers the shell of the building and also, liability coverage that is in the name of the association.

The individual unit owner is responsible for purchasing coverage that includes General Liability for the named owner of the property.  They are also responsible for building coverage on the inside of the unit and their own personal property. This includes any wall, ceiling and floor coverings. The unit owner is responsible for anything from the drywall in, along with any personal property such as furniture, clothing, TV’s, stereos and unattached appliances.

An HO-6 is a package policy that is usually to the owner’s advantage to purchase. You can include medical payments to others, mold coverage and additional living expense.  Ancora Insurance have numerous companies that are very competitive in this market.  This is an important coverage both from a liability stand point and potential loss to your possessions



Homeowners Insurance

Why do you need homeowners insurance?

It is really all about protecting yourself financially if something unexpected happens to your home or possessions. That's important because chances are your home is likely one of your largest investments.

  • If your home was destroyed by fire or damaged by a natural disaster, you'd need money to repair or replace it.
  • If a guest in your home is injured, liability protection and medical coverage help pay expenses.
  • If you are a victim of theft and vandalism, it can reimburse you for your loss or pay for repairs.
  • If you are still paying for your home, your lender will require insurance.


Things to consider and questions to ask your agent


Here are few things to discuss with your agent that will influence your decisions.

  • How much will it cost to rebuild my house and replace my belongings if they are damaged or destroyed? (Ask your agent to talk you through your home's features and the things you own so you can make an informed decision about coverage.)
  • Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
  • What discounts are available? (Ask about multiple policy, security system and fire resistance discounts.)

What's the process for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)



Motorcycle Insurance

Riding motorcycles is a lot of fun, but it can be dangerous.   In the event of an accident, your homeowners and your auto policy will not cover you.



Boat & Yacht Insurance

Boating can be one of the true pleasures of living in SW Florida.  Ancora Insurance will help make sure you are properly covered and have peace of mind.  We offer several different companies that specialize in package policies; protecting you in the event of an accident.  These policies include liability, physical damage, uninsured boaters liability, towing and medical coverage in the event you or a friend needs medical attention. This is not a policy you want to boat without.



Social Network

Connect with us:

Follow us on twitter. 

Join us on Facebook. 

Ancora on Twitter